Made with Love

When does the insanity end?

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,220
Well I was reading a news article on MSN a few minutes ago So apparently Wall Mart has pulled an offensive Halloween costume from its shelves. The costume in question is a Hippie costume which consists of a dashiki and an Afro wig. Apparently the packaging depicts a white gentleman wearing said outfit. A female from St fx University saw this costume and brought it to the attention of the BLACC Student Society on campus who in turn filed a complaint to Wall Mart who removed the costume from the shelves. Well I remember wearing a dashiki and having real Afro on my head as a young white kid in the 70s I can remember almost living in the Yorkville Village in Toronto back in the day. This it not anything short of sensorship spewed on the public by BLACC This is not racism it is blatant BS This is what we are teaching in University No wonder we have problems with today's youth. DILLIGAF

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
DILLIGAF;n1475476 said:
Well I was reading a news article on MSN a few minutes ago So apparently Wall Mart has pulled an offensive Halloween costume from its shelves. The costume in question is a Hippie costume which consists of a dashiki and an Afro wig. Apparently the packaging depicts a white gentleman wearing said outfit. A female from St fx University saw this costume and brought it to the attention of the BLACC Student Society on campus who in turn filed a complaint to Wall Mart who removed the costume from the shelves. Well I remember wearing a dashiki and having real Afro on my head as a young white kid in the 70s I can remember almost living in the Yorkville Village in Toronto back in the day. This it not anything short of sensorship spewed on the public by BLACC This is not racism it is blatant BS This is what we are teaching in University No wonder we have problems with today's youth. DILLIGAF

But Canada is a Tolerant Country and has no prejudices

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
papasmerf;n1475495 said:
That is just it the cry to eliminate a costume is an affirmation of the intolerance of even the the hint of prejudice.

AGREED.

These cultures and so called communities, are extremely hypocritical.

In the Gay Pride parade in Toronto, you have "men" dressing up with extremely over done women's makeup, cloths and street walker hair, but that is not in any way degrading to some one.
But don't anybody dare mention that !

Another example of insanity,... the latest "non binary" bull shit, were a person claims to be not male or female, regardless what genitals they currently have.
And continue to state they may be attracted to males today, and females tomorrow. Wow,... learn something new every day,... but is simply,... absolutely nothing new, bi's have been acknowledged for ever, but this alphabet soup community is hell bent on adding another character, to tag their neurological defects.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
ROBERTSON;n1475502 said:
AGREED.

These cultures and so called communities, are extremely hypocritical.

In the Gay Pride parade in Toronto, you have "men" dressing up with extremely over done women's makeup, cloths and street walker hair, but that is not in any way degrading to some one.
But don't anybody dare mention that !

Another example of insanity,... the latest "non binary" bull shit, were a person claims to be not male or female, regardless what genitals they currently have.
And continue to state they may be attracted to males today, and females tomorrow. Wow,... learn something new every day,... but is simply,... absolutely nothing new, bi's have been acknowledged for ever, but this alphabet soup community is hell bent on adding another character, to tag their neurological defects.

The only acceptable opinion one can have is to agree.
Any other opinion reflect on you as being prejudiced, homophobic or a white male.

Of course you can stand firm and just ignore the situations

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
papasmerf;n1475512 said:
The only acceptable opinion one can have is to agree.
Any other opinion reflect on you as being prejudiced, homophobic or a white male.

Of course you can stand firm and just ignore the situations

Very well put, pretty much covers the current crop of prejudiced hypocrites, as one exampled in the OP.

I do think the vast majority do just that, ignore the lowlifes, and let them continue to make fools of themselves.

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,220
Nope I am not going to stand firm and ignore the situation.
These ass hats are completely out of line and people need to stand up and say something.
Rolling over and not saying anything is just what put Hittler in power. And we all know how that worked out.
I have a problem with some of this crap from the banning of Civil War statues and the rebel flag to the alphabet soup crowd that thinks it is ok to have a parade with people being disallowed because of another group threatening to disrupt the parade.
Speak up about it and say if you like it or dislike it but please don't be complacent about it.

DILLIGAF

Top Bottom