Made with Love

How to get a "hobby" phone without any fear of being traced

not2old

Joined Nov 15, 2009
Messages 51
I had previously posted this on another board but Thought I would post here as it was brought up in another thread.

I always had a problem making calls to SP's. I did not want to use my home phone, work phone was a problem. Payphones were often blocked which many SP's did not like. I didn't know what to do, until I found 711 Speakout. It changed my life. Now my breath is fresher, I've grown more hair on my head, my length increased by 3". Oh sorry, wrong infomercial.

Really though, the 711 Speakout is great. The basic phone is $60. It comes pre-activated with a phone#. No need to call in or register (no name or ID required). The $25 airtime card is good for 1-year. Per minute rate is 25 cents. The only monthly fee is a 99 cent 911 fee that is deducted from the pre-paid balance. It comes with Caller ID and voice mail. If you buy the $75 airtime voucher, your rate drops to 20 cents/minute. It operates on the Rogers network, so I find coverage is good.

If someone refers you, you (and the person that referred you) gets a $10 airtime credit.

I just use it to make the discrete calls, then shut it off until next time.

You can get more info here:

There is a website that someone set up for info.
https://www.speakoutwireless.ca/

You can even get referral codes on the forums section of that website to get your extra $10 airtime credit
https://www.speakoutwireless.ca/speak/

For someone using only a couple of minutes a day, I think it is the best deal going (plus no ID required, totally untraceable)

not2old

Joined Nov 15, 2009
Messages 51
Joined Nov 10, 2009
Messages 23
Re: How to get a "hobby" phone without any fear of being traced

I still think that anyone who has a SIM card based phone, should just get a second SIM card with a pre-paid plan and switch it out in your phone when you want to hobby. Put a password on it and that is all you need.

Much easier to hide a SIM card then an entire phone. If the wife finds the SIM card, you found it on the ground and was going to turn it but forgot. Easy as pie.

F

FunnyFace

Good information.. I got hobby phone long time ago. It saves lots of trouble because my better half pays the bills :mrgreen:

Slackers

Joined Nov 1, 2009
Messages 45

great info n2o going to pass this on to a couple people i know .

and the second simcard rather then the whole phone is pretty smart as well . you can pw it and just tape it to a business card or hide it in the wallet or someplace where it will stay dry in your car and even less of a chance it gets found out .

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
Can anyone tell me if ID is required for a Rogers or Bell prepaid sim card. I've been using 7-11's Speakout because ID was not required for the initial phone purchase or purchase of additional minutes, but the reception is not great. I'd like to make a call where only my number appears, but not a name.

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
Kirk Lazarus said:
Can anyone tell me if ID is required for a Rogers or Bell prepaid sim card. I've been using 7-11's Speakout because ID was not required for the initial phone purchase or purchase of additional minutes, but the reception is not great. I'd like to make a call where only my number appears, but not a name.

You don't require ID for a prepaid. But to activate it you need an address that actually exists. Use an apartment building or office building, make up a name.

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
IfYouSeekAmy said:
You don't require ID for a prepaid. But to activate it you need an address that actually exists. Use an apartment building or office building, make up a name.

Thanks Amy. I guess they just accept the info that you give and don't call your bluff.

Rooster

Joined Aug 29, 2010
Messages 96
IfYouSeekAmy said:

You are as smart as you are sexy. I'll be calling you on my Pay as you go phone very soon.

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
Kirk Lazarus said:
Thanks Amy. I guess they just accept the info that you give and don't call your bluff.

Np Kirk, I agree with Darren... they simply don't care that much. It's mostly to give you a number with the right area code and so they can spam your mailbox :)

Rooster said:
You are as smart as you are sexy. I'll be calling you on my Pay as you go phone very soon.

Aww that's so sweet Rooster! I just thought I was being baaaad :)

doggie said:
And she has amazing DDs :)

Thank you for the compliment doggie! :kiss:

GDLLover

Joined Dec 8, 2009
Messages 439
IfYouSeekAmy said:

Hilarious, I made my hobby phone address on a building and it later got sold to the TO police, LMAO.

U

User-E

OrangeFanta said:
bump

Finally stopped procrastinating and got a separate "hobby phone" from 7-11 Speakout. Woohoo!!! /-Thumbs-up::/

Art Mann said:
Nice necro-post there, OrangeFanta.

My heart actually skipped a beat when I saw this thread ... not2old is a good friend that I haven't seen for a long time and I thought maybe he'd posted here today.

:heart:

Top Bottom