Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the ladies. Agency vs Indi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For the ladies. Agency vs Indi

    Just read that Kareena and Noir are back with agencies. Who can educate me with knowlege of the pros and cons of working as Indi vs working for an agency.

    My other question is how do SP move from one agency to another, are they recruited by other agencies. Or do they hire a head hunter like corporations do.
    Need it everyday and night

  • #2
    Excellent question curious to find out what the our SP say.

    Comment


    • #3
      Indis have to deal with transportation, answering own phone, advertising and so much more. I think the bottom line is security that the agencies give them.[/QUOTE]

      Comment


      • #4
        GD had great thoughts on this subject hope he continues it here.

        Comment


        • #5
          What agency did Noir go to?

          Comment


          • #6
            I can touch on this from a massage angle. Im sure some of the same theories apply for SP's....

            As a provider of any kind, you have pros and cons to both...Indy's can set their own schedule, their own prices, and possibly not have to travel far (depending on incall/outcall). With a spa or agency you have power in #s. The advertising dollar that an agency or spa have is bigger than any Indy marketing budget. Girls have saftey in #'s, and a set location. Once booked for their shifts, they dont really have to juggle or think it through. Reception books your appointments for you. Also, Indy's have no fillers for No-Show appointments, and at a spa or agency incall, walkins can replace no-shows, or simply add #s to your day. In addition, your supplies and facilities are stocked and furnished for you in a spa/incall. It costs less to work for someone, yet Indy you pay no house fee. (ie: doorfee, agency cut, etc)

            Its truely up to the girl and what works for her. Many go Indy and realize how hard it can be to maintain and run your own business. When you are with a client, no one can answer the phone/emails/inquiries. Perhaps they are losing business by simply being with a customer. Yet others have trouble conforming to rules within a location/under a manager. Spas dont tolerate lateness, repeated sick leave, etc.

            Either way they work it, its up to the girl to get clients repeating their business with her. The rest is simply preferance and technicalities.


            My 2 cents boys ;)

            Emily.
            GRAND OPENING of MUSE Vaughan • 30 Freshway Dr, unit C1 •
            MUSE Toronto • 1290 Finch Ave West, unit 13 •
            416-739-6668 • www.musemassagespa.com

            Twitter: @MUSEMassageSpa Instagram: @musemassagespa
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MUSE View Post
              I can touch on this from a massage angle. Im sure some of the same theories apply for SP's....

              As a provider of any kind, you have pros and cons to both...Indy's can set their own schedule, their own prices, and possibly not have to travel far (depending on incall/outcall). With a spa or agency you have power in #s. The advertising dollar that an agency or spa have is bigger than any Indy marketing budget. Girls have saftey in #'s, and a set location. Once booked for their shifts, they dont really have to juggle or think it through. Reception books your appointments for you. Also, Indy's have no fillers for No-Show appointments, and at a spa or agency incall, walkins can replace no-shows, or simply add #s to your day. In addition, your supplies and facilities are stocked and furnished for you in a spa/incall. It costs less to work for someone, yet Indy you pay no house fee. (ie: doorfee, agency cut, etc)

              Its truely up to the girl and what works for her. Many go Indy and realize how hard it can be to maintain and run your own business. When you are with a client, no one can answer the phone/emails/inquiries. Perhaps they are losing business by simply being with a customer. Yet others have trouble conforming to rules within a location/under a manager. Spas dont tolerate lateness, repeated sick leave, etc.

              Either way they work it, its up to the girl to get clients repeating their business with her. The rest is simply preferance and technicalities.


              My 2 cents boys ;)

              Emily.
              Thanks Emily for more than your 2 cents' worth.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by severeaddicted View Post
                Just read that Kareena and Noir are back with agencies. Who can educate me with knowlege of the pros and cons of working as Indi vs working for an agency.
                The pros and cons will vary depending on the SP and the agency. So, I cannot really give a general answer. But I can answer it from my perspective and experience.

                When I started in the business, working with an agency was the most convenient for me: they were providing me with an initial client base and the basics I needed to start (website, pics, advertisement) without having to invest time or money in it, and with a support system to rely on while I learned the particularities of the industry. At the time, I didn't feel that my schedule allowed me the time to do my own communication and bookings, so contracting an agency to do it for me was also more convenient for me. After a while working with an outcall only agency, I wanted to do incalls mostly (more convenient for my schedule as outcalls tend to be mostly in the evenings and incalls during daytime), and the agency I moved with was providing me with a space to work from.

                After a little more than a year in the business, I decided to go indy for a few reasons: the primary one was that I wanted to be in full control of my business, my image, and my clientele. The costs of contracting an agency weren't worth anymore what I was getting out of it, and I had the opportunity to share a work space with some good friends which was not only cheaper but also more fun and convenient for me than working from the agency space.

                I am really happy that I made the decision to work indy, and I enjoy my work even more now than I did when I was working with agencies. But a large part of my success and happiness with my indy business comes from the support system I have around me: I have a fantastic group of women surrounding me who I work with, share a space with, and can count on for support. So, from my perspective, I now have the best of both world: I have complete control over my business while being surrounded with great friends who I can share resources with and rely on for support.

                Originally posted by severeaddicted View Post
                My other question is how do SP move from one agency to another, are they recruited by other agencies. Or do they hire a head hunter like corporations do.
                I think that in most cases (and at least in my experience), the SP contact the agency, not the other way around.
                www.GenevieveLajoie.net


                Read about the mundanity of my life on twitter
                Email me: [email protected]

                Web design for independent ladies: www.renteddesign.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Muse and Genevieve. Gen so you will advice new SP to start with an agency build a client base then go indi after a year or so?.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mynameismo View Post
                    Thanks Muse and Genevieve. Gen so you will advice new SP to start with an agency build a client base then go indi after a year or so?.
                    Not necessarily.

                    It really depends on the woman, what her objectives are, what her other commitments are, her schedule, skills, etc.

                    Starting with an agency worked for me, but a lot of the women I work with have started indies and never worked with agencies. Others have done like I did, and many others work with agencies for their entire stay in the biz.

                    There's no one formula that will suit everyone.
                    www.GenevieveLajoie.net


                    Read about the mundanity of my life on twitter
                    Email me: [email protected]

                    Web design for independent ladies: www.renteddesign.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GenevieveLajoie View Post
                      Not necessarily.

                      It really depends on the woman, what her objectives are, what her other commitments are, her schedule, skills, etc.

                      Starting with an agency worked for me, but a lot of the women I work with have started indies and never worked with agencies. Others have done like I did, and many others work with agencies for their entire stay in the biz.

                      There's no one formula that will suit everyone.
                      Gen why you feel Kareena and Noir went back to the agencies. Too much for them to handle, they are both very popular SP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am an agency guy but Gen you are tempting!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Agency or Indy; they both cum and go :razz:
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My impression is that a sp's success (indy or agency) will mirror their level of success in the real world before they got into escorting. Translation.....if they were fuck-ups before escorting, they'll be fuck-ups while they're escorting and vica-versa. Chat with any agency or spa owner and they'll tell you the single biggest component of running an adult entertainment business that drives them up-the-wall is dealing with the drama (girls). Dealing with landlords, law-enforcement, competition, market trends, fickle clients pales in comparison to having to deal with drama (girls). I'm sure they're exceptions, but just that, exceptions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by the dharma View Post
                              My impression is that a sp's success (indy or agency) will mirror their level of success in the real world before they got into escorting. Translation.....if they were fuck-ups before escorting, they'll be fuck-ups while they're escorting and vica-versa. Chat with any agency or spa owner and they'll tell you the single biggest component of running an adult entertainment business that drives them up-the-wall is dealing with the drama (girls). Dealing with landlords, law-enforcement, competition, market trends, fickle clients pales in comparison to having to deal with drama (girls). I'm sure they're exceptions, but just that, exceptions.
                              Just make sure Kareena is not in your team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X