Made with Love

His Story Is Downright Inspiring

B

Boing

The above photo of a West Point cadet standing attention during the commencement ceremony at West Point, N.Y., on Saturday is going viral, and rightfully so. Pictured is Second Lieutenant Alix Idrache, a Haitian-born dude who earned his legal citizenship in America by serving for two years as an enlisted soldier with the Maryland Army National Guard. Since then, he has been the living embodiment all that is the American Dream.

According to , Alix graduated top 25 in his class and West Point’s top graduate in physics, not a bad accomplishment for a graduating class of around 1,000 from a military school that accepts only 9% of its applicants.

Alix reportedly grew up in Port-au-Prince watching U.S. troops perform humanitarian missions in his native Haiti–the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and one of the poorest countries in the developing world.

160525121841-west-point-grad-emotional-photo-2-exlarge-169.jpg

Second Lieutenant Idrache spoke on the picture which has now been shared thousands of times on social media:

“At this moment,” Idrache said about the photo, “I was overwhelmed with emotions. Three things came to mind and led to those tears. The first is where I started. I am from Haiti and never did I imagine that such honor would be one day bestowed on me. The second is where I am. Men and women who preserved the very essence of the human condition stood in that position and took the same oath.

…The third is my future. Shortly after I leave, I will report to Ft. Rucker to start flight school. Knowing that one day I will be a pilot is humbling beyond words. I could not help but be flooded with emotions knowing that I will be leading these men and women who are willing to give their all to preserve what we value as the American way of life. To me, that is the greatest honor. Once again, thank you.”

If the hairs on your arms aren’t standing up right now, check your pulse. You may be dead. Or un-American. Either way, I feel sorry for you.

635679864868637386-sh052315WestPt023.jpg

https://brobible.com/life/article/emotional-west-point-grad-photo-viral/

Top Bottom