Made with Love

Celestine restaurant (French cuisine)

B

Beenthere123

Been there a few times when craving for French cuisine, its on Mt pleasant few blocks south of eglinton.
The oxtail agnolotti and the lobster bisque were cooked to perfection. Foie gras, simply amazing.
For mains the poached lobster a little weak on the jus and portion a tad too small but it was good. The squab was out of this world and they have the best creme brule in the city. Service was good and attentive but were men :cry:

They have an extensive wine list but mostly French

Food 9/10
Decor 7.5/10
service 8/10
Price for 2 : $ 160 plus tip
Babe alert 0/10 no babes even the female customers there were not very pretty and the female manager was so so

GenevieveLajoie

Joined Nov 11, 2009
Messages 297
Re: Celestine restaurant (French cuisine)

Thanks for the review. Have heard good things about this place, but have yet to try it. Maybe for my bday? ;)

How would you describe the atmosphere? I'm not a huge fan of pretentious places: I always prefer a more casual setting to really focus on enjoying my food.

B

Beenthere123

Re: Celestine restaurant (French cuisine)

Nothing pretentious there, it used to be a bank about 15 years ago then converted to a restaurant. Romantic, candle light, high ceilings and a very relaxed while professional feel to it.

The vault is now a wine room, very cool

RAWD

Joined Mar 11, 2010
Messages 2,166
Beenthere123 said:
Babe alert 0/10 no babes even the female customers there were not very pretty and the female manager was so so

Haha! Mt Pleasant is desert for babes, except for the occassional milf or jogger running by from Davisville.

For eye candy, you'll have to wander over to Yonge and Eg. For good food and some eye candy, check out Bayview, south of Eglinton (Leaside) stretch.

Other good restos on Mt. Pleasant:

Simple - like the name says. Simple, fresh food. Decent portions. Reasonable prix fixe menu.

Phoebe's Zee Grill - seafood. Decent oyster bar.

Penrose Fish & Chips - ok, not a real restaurant, but good food.

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
Beenthere123 said:

Nice review BT. You aren't gonna get a review in the Globe & Mail that addresses the babe alert portion of the restaurant.

Bambino

Joined Oct 4, 2010
Messages 78
GenevieveLajoie said:
Thanks for the review. Have heard good things about this place, but have yet to try it. Maybe for my bday? ;)

How would you describe the atmosphere? I'm not a huge fan of pretentious places: I always prefer a more casual setting to really focus on enjoying my food.

Genevieve have you tried it yet?. May bring my girlfiend there on Valentine's.

Top Bottom